ERIC pursues the objectives and interests of the Network of Excellence IDECAT (Integrated Design of Catalytic Nanomaterials for a Sustainable Production), in particular the purpose to support and foster the homogeneity and integration of the partners of the Network of Excellence.
The principal objectives of ERIC are:
- To realize a stronger interaction between universities and other research institutions, companies, business incubators, support service networks, public authorities and SMEs.
- To identify the needs, technological level, foreseen benefits of potential users of the Institute.
- To enhance networking and the exchange of equipments and best practice across members.
- To promote the latest development in catalytic materials and technologies, and to stimulate the commercial exploitation of new ideas and solutions.
- To offer an integrated support mechanism to foster innovation in the field of catalytic materials and technologies.
- To identify skills gap and training needs
- To disseminate funding opportunities for R&D projects and start-up developments
- To encourage spin-out and supply chain development across Europe
- To create cross technology collaborations within the sector
Purpose And Activities
The purpose of the Association is to foster excellence of its Members in the field of catalysis, by facilitating their integration at research, training and educational levels.The prime operational tasks of the Association are the following:
- attract research funds, accept and distribute these funds between the members in order to implement research activities;
- facilitate the organisation and the administration of research funds and programs.